More Jobs at Boston Properties
…including financial assets and liabilities as well as capital structures, intellectual property valuations, stock option valuations, reviews of valuations of hedge funds
…Advisory Industry: Financial Services State & City: NY-New York MA- Boston IL-Chicago DC-Washington CA-San Francisco AL-Montgomery Travel Requirements: 61-80%
Preferred) DC Properties – DC 6th Class Steam Engineer’s License Maryland Properties – 3rd Grade Stationary Engineer’s License Virginia Properties -- NIULPE 3rd...
Assistant Property Manager
Department: Property Management
Type: Regular Full Time
Building City & State: Reston, VA
Region: US-Washington DC Region
Standard Hours: 40
* Apply for this job online
* Email this job to a friend
Boston Properties is an Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action Employer.
More information about this job
Assistant Property Manager
Oversee the resolution and manage the timely completion of day-to-day operational issues at assigned properties or property. Serve as tenant liaison in the building and maintain a high level of tenant satisfaction.
* Promote, establish and maintain positive relations with tenants via regular proactive communication, meetings and routine follow-up. Regularly inform Property Manager of topics discussed and action items to be addressed.
* Manage and follow through on the execution of tenant work order requests with building staff and/or outside vendors to completion in a timely manner.
* Arrange, coordinate and attend new tenant orientation meetings to review tenant welcome package, move-in requirements, general property information, rules & regulations etc.
* Regularly inspect tenant space, common areas, base building areas and grounds to ensure a high level of maintenance, regularly interfacing with internal staff and vendors to maintain same.
* Assist Property Manager with the development of RFP's and execution of contracts and purchase orders.
* Regularly monitor service contractors to ensure service is being delivered as per contract specifications and that insurance and contract documentation is in order.
* Maintain financial management responsibilities including providing assistance in the preparation of budgets, accruals, reforecasts and reporting budget variances.
* Analyze current maintenance programs/procedures and make recommendations to Property Manager that ensures operating efficiency and effectiveness.
* Partner with Property Manager to identify and achieve additional tenant service income.
* Manage tenant move-in/move-outs to include certificates of insurance, signage, move management, closeout and inspection.
* Coordinate with external contractors (i.e. janitorial, security, etc.) and internal departments (i.e. engineering, accounting, leasing and construction, etc.) to ensure seamless and cost effective customer services is delivered.
* Work with the construction department, including attendance at tenant improvement meetings and scheduling shutdowns of building services (e.g., electricity, water, HVAC) to avoid delays of landlord work.
* Coordinate annual tenant warden training and evacuation drills.
* Assist Property Manager with invoice review and processing.
* Maintain a working knowledge of Company databases and information/reporting tools.
* Participate in industry-related organizations including BOMA.
* Perform other assigned duties.
Requirements and Qualifications:
* BA/BS degree in business administration, real estate or related field required.
* 0-5 years of property management experience preferred.
* Continuing education in the field through RPA or CPM certification courses, and LEED approved courses highly desirable.
* Working knowledge and understanding of operating costs, budgeting and related expense control preferred.
* Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint required. JD Edwards experience preferred.
* Familiarity with ADA and OSHA preferred.
* Ability to organize and coordinate work efficiently and to set priorities in a demanding work environment.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Demonstrated ability to respond to a variety of multiple tasks/situations with both creativity and resourcefulness.
* Ability to work independently and as a productive member of a team.
* Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
* Involves work of a general office nature usually performed sitting such as operation of a computer.
* Involves work of a general office nature usually performed standing such as operation of a fax and printer.
* Involves work such as tours throughout property portfolio usually performed by walking and by climbing stairs.
* Involves movement between departments to facilitate work.
* Regularly required to bend and reach.
* Regularly use hands and fingers to write and type.
* Regularly required to talk and hear.
* Occasionally required to crouch, climb stairs and ladders and in environments with temperature ranges both while working outside and inside.
* Occasionally exposed to vibration or noise as well as dust.
* Vision abilities allowing reading of printed material, graphics, computer displays and physical inspections of properties and sites.
Essential Functions Specific to Assigned Location:
* Boston Properties reserves the right to require you to successfully obtain any necessary Government security clearance(s) that may be required by the tenant at any property at which assigned.